Re: background-image with an SVG document

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 14:26:42 +0200
To: Ian Tindale <ian_tindale@yahoo.co.uk>
CC: www-style@w3.org, www-svg@w3.org

Ian Tindale wrote:
 > Just a quick reminder please: is it / should it be possible
 > (implementation details aside, in an ideal world) to use an SVG file
 > as the background in the CSS ‘background-image’ property?

I can think of no reason why that shouldn't be possible. Regardless of
the fact that SVG is serialized to XML it's still an image format and
imho ought to be displayed (if supported of course -- maybe that's
possible in Mozilla or Amaya). You could even make people sick with a
nasty animation ;)

I have no idea however of if/how interactivity would happen.

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway