Re: Query about Appendix G.12

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 09:09:38 -0000
To: "Bjoern Hoehrmann" <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: <www-svg@w3.org>

"Bjoern Hoehrmann" <derhoermi@gmx.net>
> * Jim Ley wrote:
> >I raised some questions about this before, Can I clarify why the
leading
> >field must be -, personally I use registered ones to my Internet
Domain
> >Name,
> >
> >e.g. for previous HTML FPI's I've created
> >
> > +//IDN Jibbering.com//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional + Margins//EN
>
> In SGML a "+" indicated, that the organization in the second field is
> ISO registered (AFAICT)...

Terje Bless suggested to me (back when I first discussed how I do it)
that IDN was Internet Domain Name, and K.4.6 in
http://www.ornl.gov/sgml/sc34/document/0029.htm seems to be the relevant
part:

"Note 35: A string like "IDN domain.name" or "IDN
domain.name/sub-domain/sub-domain" is treated as an ISO/IEC 9070
"registered owner prefix". "

Jim.