SVG script

From: Hyunju Shim <hshim@cise.ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 20:00:06 -0500
To: <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi all,

I need to read external javascript file, and create javascript inside of SVG document too.
I know how to read external javascript file, or include javascript inside of SVG document, but don't know how to read external javascript file and, at the same time, create javascript inside of SVG?

I tried code like below but this code is giving me an error.

<SVG>
<script xlink:href="outer.js" type="text/ecmascript"><![CDATA[
    //javascript here
    ]]></script>
</SVG>

how can I achieve including internal and external javascript at the same time in one SVG document?