Re: Identical rendering? [was Re: SVG 1.2 General feedback]

From: Vadim Plessky <plessky@cnt.ru>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 22:17:05 +0300
To: www-svg@w3.org

On Thursday 21 November 2002 3:28 pm, Tobias Reif wrote:
|  Vadim Plessky wrote:
|   > |  > We
|   > |  > do not smooth curves before rendering.
|   > |
|   > |  I'm much more interested in a solution than in an explanation :)
|   >
|   > You want good rendering for text?
|   > Than pick up latest FreeType release (2.1.3)
|
|  No, I don't just want a good viewer. I want consistent, best identical
|  rendering *across* implementations. I expressed above that I think the
|  spec needs to be clearer.

Than talk to Adobe to switch their ASV from closed-source implementation to
FreeType.
And ask Batik guys to use FreeType, too.
As Microsoft doesn't have own SVG implementation - MS is not an issue here.

If there are some other SVG renderers out there which you consider importnat
and which do not use FreeType yet - ask them to use/support FreeType, too.
So, you would get identical rendering across platforms/renderers. :-)

[...]

--
Best Regards,

Vadim Plessky