Re: 1.2 feedback: generalities

Hi Jon,

Jon Ferraiolo wrote:
> Actually, comments like "Yes! We wants it! Itss our preciousss!" are
> very much the sort of thing we need to hear at this stage.

Oh good. Well I would certainly love to see such a feature as I can't think of
any "serious" use of SVG that I've made that didn't rely at least a bit on SVG
rendering (I mean rendering in a rather large sense, as it includes behaviour)
of XML information from other namespaces. That was especially crucial at times
when several views of the same document were needed.

> If you (or anyone) have any suggestions about how "render arbitrary XML"
> might actually work or can supply more detailed feature requirements,
> please send them in.

I don't have specifics in mind by I would tend to wish for more simplicity in
the creation of MVC approaches (MVC in a loose sense, I'm not thinking of a
particular variant). Especially, I feel I've spent way too much time having to
hand craft code that implemented Oberserver/Observable patterns which would tend
to indicate that what I would have most benefitted from then would have been a
strong event model cleanly binding UI events to semantic data and back (as both
could change of course).

Thinking about a good way to do this seems rather challenging, but it would imho
be a killer feature. It'd make SVG _the_ way of creating clean and elegant thin
clients.

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway