Re: SVG 1.2 and CSS3

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Jon Ferraiolo wrote:

> Good point about CSS3. Definitely, SVG 1.2 will need the namespace
> enhancements at a minimum. The pseudo classes also seem useful.
>
> Dean, you listening?

Pardon? :)

Our requirements document (http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG2Reqs) says
9.1 SVG *must* take into account updates to the CSS .. specification.

I think it was an error that we left mention of
CSS3 (especially selectors and namespaces) out of
the first draft of SVG 1.2.
They should have been in there, and they (most probably)
will be there for draft 2.

Dean