Re: 1.2 feedback: Streaming

From: Niklas Gustavsson <niklas@protocol7.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 14:01:14 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

> You don't seem to know that ASV 3 is a high performance dynamic SVG
> viewer (well it meets the relevant part here) if you open a large SVG
> document, then you will see content rendered whilst the rest of the SVG
> is being downloaded, if you look at
> http://www.showcaster.com/svg2.asp?venue=Showcaster&presentation=2513844&
> a=.svg
> (which is ~400k IIRC) you will see various details and a photo appear on
> the screen whilst the audio, and slide data is still being downloaded.

Yes, but this is not what the requirements state (if I understand them
correctly)
"Progressive rendering and animation effects (i.e., the start of the
document will start appearing and animations will start running in parallel
with downloading the rest of the document)"

This says that parts of the document should show without the entire document
is loaded, it doesn't talk about linked content (like sounds, bitmaps or
other SVG files). I don't belive ASV does this today, but I might be wrong.

/niklas