Re: 1.2 feedback: printing

From: Niklas Gustavsson <niklas@protocol7.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:45:20 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org

> My feeling today is that SVGP
> should be as close to "Static SVG Basic" as possible.

Yes! I want this badly. One of the common uses I have in my day-time job is
to produce static images (.gif, .png) automatically. Formally you would use
something like ASPImage or Java2D, but nowadays rasterizing SVG is a much
more attractive way of doing this. And here have dynamic and animated SVG
images just makes things much more complex. A static profile would be much
needed.

I think SVG Static might be a better name then SVG Printing since the
profile sure will be used for much more then printing.

/niklas
www.protocol7.com