Re: Re: some discussion of SVG 1.2

From: Niklas Gustavsson <niklas@protocol7.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 21:36:40 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org
Cc: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com

> This of course raises the whole issue of being able to define more complex
class entities in SVG - the <svgw:buttonClass> has been previously defined
in the above piece, but it would make sense to have a mechanism to do this
for custom widgets as well. This has been one of the pieces that has
bothered me about SVG -- the lack of parameterization and the ability to
create more abstract entities. The parameterization capability would act
independently of the svgw: namespace (which is why I placed it in the svg:
namespace).

Also, how would you want to integrate this with XForms? I don't think we
need to forms languages, instead we should look at customizing XForms in
SVG.

/niklas
www.protocol7.com