Re: <filter-primitive-reference>

From: Dean Jackson <dean@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 01:10:28 +1100
To: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Robin Berjon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I understand that the <filter-primitive-reference> as seen in the
> "result" common filter attribute type is not an ID, but does it have
> specific constraints on its content? That is, is it restricted to being
> a NCName, a QName, etc or can it truly be any arbitrary string?

Looks like no one ever replied to you Robin.

The answer can be found in 15.7.2 Common attributes

Note that a <filter-primitive-reference> is not an XML ID; instead, a
<filter-primitive-reference> is only meaningful within a given
'filter' element and thus have only local scope. It is legal for the
same <filter-primitive-reference> to appear multiple times within the
same 'filter' element. When referenced, the
<filter-primitive-reference> will use the closest preceding filter
primitive with the given result.

ie. any arbitrary string.

Dean