Re: Text Selection and Pointer-Events

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:40:32 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org, "Doug Schepers" <doug@schepers.cc>

Hello Doug, www-svg,

You wrote
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2002Jul/0001.html

> There are circumstances when I would like to differentiate between
> these properties -- that is, when I would like to turn off click
> events, but permit text selection, or vice versa. I think that
> adding this functionality would be very useful.

This functionality might be useful, but the use cases and effects need
to be examined in more detail.

SVG 1.1 has the same functionality as SVG 1.0 (but modularised) so,
your suggestion could not be adopted for SVG 1.1 but the SVG WG plans
to look at your suggestion further in the context of SVG 1.2.

--
 Chris                          mailto:chris@w3.org