Re: solidColor

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:36:24 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org, "Sigurd Lerstad" <sigler@bredband.no>

On Thursday, November 7, 2002, 8:20:31 PM, Sigurd wrote:

SL> Hello,

SL> I need the solidColor element in my SVG Editor to have a swatches
SL> dialog.. I understand that this was added and removed from SVG1.1,
SL> will it come back soon?

We hope so.

SL> Also, if the WG *knows* with 99% assurance that it will be the
SL> same when re-added (do they?),

Nothing is certain except death and taxes. However, we were very happy
with the solidColor element; it was removed not because there was
anything wrong with it, but because we wanted to clearly differentiate
SVG 1.1 (SVG 1.0 features, with modularization for profiles) and SVG
1.2 (new features).

SL>  I could add it before it's in any official spec.. but I
SL> would need to get hold of the old spec... is it available?

All specifications remain available for historical reasons. In the
front matter of the document, look for the link 'previous version'.
You can follow a trail of previous versions back to the first
publication.