SVG 1.1 Test Suite available

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 23:37:55 +0100
To: svg-dev <svg-developers@yahoogroups.com>
CC: www-svg@w3.org

Hello everyone,

 As a result of some detailed Quality Assurance work these last three
 days at at the SVG face to face meeting hosted by BitFlash in snowy
 Ottawa, the SVG WG is proud to present the first public release of
 the SVG 1.1 test suite. This covers SVG Tiny, SVG Basic, and SVG
 Full.

 Both HTML harnesses and SVG harnesses are available, or you can make
 your own; the actual files to be tested are separate.

 The same test files are referenced from the SVG Full, Basic and Tiny
 harnesses, but at different sizes (the actual test files use width
 and height of 100%). There are reference PNG files available for each
 test and each profile, and instructions in the html frame for how to
 run each test.

 http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test

 The links to the old 1.0 test suite remain valid and that test suite
 is still available, linked from the 1.1 test suite page.

 For those folks running on platforms that do not allow a harness,
 where the tests must be loaded one by one: the tests are now in
 alphabetical order of filename to make it less painful ;-)

 Implementation data is being gathered and will be made available
 shortly; initial impressions are very good and our CR exit criteria
 look to have been met (we are checking this carefully).

 Additional implementation reports are welcomed; if anyone wants to
 submit one, please contact Dean or myself for an xml form to fill
 out. (ksvg, tinyline and the SVG in Mozilla project spring to mind as
 areas where we are lacking implementation reports.)

--
 Chris                          mailto:chris@w3.org