Exporting SVG to raster image

From: Walid Ismail <Walid.Ismail@itworx.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 11:32:54 +0200
To: <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi,

I am evaluating using SVG tools (Adobe SVG) as a possible solution to create interactive web graphical content. One of the requirements of the project that I am working on is that the user should be able to export the resultant graphic in BMP or JPEG format.

Is there a way to export SVG to raster format (BMP or JPEG)? Is this part of the spec? or it is vender implementation dependent?

Does SVG support belnding/transparent graphics?

Thanks,
Walid