Re: X11 Colors (was Last call comments on CSS3 module: color)

One thing to note is what's happening with SVG 1.1 and these X11 color
keywords. For SVG 1.1:

SVG 1.1 Full: Supports X11 color keywords
SVG 1.1 Basic/Tiny: Only support 16 color keywords also found in HTML spec

So, one "simple" approach from a standards perspective is to just accept
the full set of X11 color keywords for CSS3 (full profile) but require only
the 16 color keywords from the HTML spec in CSS3 Mobile. I say "simple"
because this is consistent with the SVG 1.0 Recommendation and some
existing momentum in the CSS group, plus it puts the burden of the extra
storage for the 300 or so color names only on fat clients but not the
mobile clients.

Jon