SVG: W3C XML Schema: Inline Documentation

From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 11:54:39 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org
Hi

To those who are involved in creating the SVG XSD:

I think inline documentation in the schema is a very good idea.
In the latest draft there's some already, and it would be great if in
future versions there would be tiny snippets/lines for each element,
attribute, attribute group, etc.

I have an early prototype of a utility which generates simple SVG
generation libs, with documentation.
On
http://www.pinkjuice.com/ruby/jelly/
there are some samples.

In the generated documentation [1], there are all the element classes
and attribute methods, and also the annotations from the XSD [2].

Tobi

[1]
http://www.pinkjuice.com/ruby/jelly/samples/pre_alpha/y2002m04d11/docs/
[2]
http://www.pinkjuice.com/ruby/jelly/samples/pre_alpha/y2002m04d11/docs/classes/LangSpaceAttrs.html
http://www.pinkjuice.com/ruby/jelly/samples/pre_alpha/y2002m04d11/docs/classes/PresentationAttributes_All.html
http://www.pinkjuice.com/ruby/jelly/samples/pre_alpha/y2002m04d11/docs/classes/PresentationAttributes_Gradients.html

P.S.
(Dean, Chris: Now that I have samples online, and now that there's a new
effort for the SVG XSD development, I wanted to describe my suggestions
again.)

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/