RE: beginner question

From: <ronan@roasp.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 13:17:29 +0200
To: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>, <oburstei@cisco.com>, <www-svg@w3.org>
Thanks for the pointer, Andrew.

There are tutorials and demonstrations on generating graphics using SVG.pm

You will find the documentation for the SVG.pm module there as well

That said, roasp.com risks dissapearing any second now, so I have made a
mirror of the site at http://www.perlsvg.net

If you need hepl with your first graphic, let me know. I'm swamped today but
after Saturday I could show you step-by-step graph generation in Perl. It's
very simple using SVG.pm .

(here's a taste of Perl graphs...
http://www.roitsystems.com/eido/quotes/fxconsole.pl . It is a live,
streaming pure-per-generated stock and FX graph)

It's fairly advanced compared to a simple graph program, but if you wait a
few days, I'm going to be releasing SVG::Graph this weekend specifically to
handle graph generation (xy, bar only on first stab, pie graphs next). The
fundamentals for building a static graph are quite similar to the dynamic
streaming graph. The only subtlety is the javascript calling for the new