RE: beginner question

Thanks for the pointer, Andrew.

There are tutorials and demonstrations on generating graphics using SVG.pm
at:
www.roasp.com

You will find the documentation for the SVG.pm module there as well

http://www.roasp.com/SVG.html

That said, roasp.com risks dissapearing any second now, so I have made a
mirror of the site at http://www.perlsvg.net

If you need hepl with your first graphic, let me know. I'm swamped today but
after Saturday I could show you step-by-step graph generation in Perl. It's
very simple using SVG.pm .

(here's a taste of Perl graphs...
http://www.roitsystems.com/eido/quotes/fxconsole.pl . It is a live,
streaming pure-per-generated stock and FX graph)

It's fairly advanced compared to a simple graph program, but if you wait a
few days, I'm going to be releasing SVG::Graph this weekend specifically to
handle graph generation (xy, bar only on first stab, pie graphs next). The
fundamentals for building a static graph are quite similar to the dynamic
streaming graph. The only subtlety is the javascript calling for the new
data.

Ronan