Re: beginner question

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 11:22:43 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org, "Ori Burstein" <oburstei@cisco.com>
Ori,

personally, I would use xslt rather than perl. You can then create the
'skeleton' of the output in svg, and plug in the xslt statements to use the
values from your xml files.

Just a question of taste, maybe...

Ivan

Ori> hi everyone,
Ori> I have looking into SVG for about a few days, pretty much beginner,
Ori> and I have a sort of general question:
Ori> I want to create a tool (hope to do it in perl) which will generate SVG
Ori> graphs ( bars, lines...) and will get all its params (look and data) from
Ori> XML files.
Ori> What is the best way to do so? are there any tools which might help me with
Ori> this task?

Ori> Thanks,
Ori> Ori.

----

Ivan Herman
Head of Offices, World Wide Web Consortium
C/o Dutch Office of W3C at CWI
Kruislaan 413, 1098SJ Amsterdam
The Netherlands
tel: +31 20 5924163