Re: errors in the SVG1.1 DTD (?), and that known errror in the 1.0 DTD

From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 22:24:50 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org
Chris wrote:

> On Monday, March 25, 2002, 9:55:20 PM, Tobias wrote:

>>>But with the 01-SVG-1.1-monolithic-fixed.dtd, I still get
>>> Attribute 'xmlns:xlink' is not declared for element 'svg'
>>{Tobi worries about this]

Shouldn't I?

> The quality of the DTD should be judged by the time in minutes between
> your mail and my response.. If you want the real next DTD, wait for
> the real next spec ;-)

OK :)

Thanks for sending the current DTD.

And I think that's a cool doctype:

<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN"
  <!ATTLIST svg
    xmlns:xlink CDATA #FIXED "http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">

> Meanwhile, feel free to declare xmlns:xlink (or :whatever) on the SVG element,
> or wherever strikes your fancy, in the internal DYTD subset.

Sure, that's what I did in my post, and in

The declaring attribute is fixed through the internal subset,
but the NS is still declared on the doc el for non-validating parsers.

* peace&love.
* http://www.pinkjuice.com/