Re: errors in the SVG1.1 DTD (?), and that known errror in the 1.0 DTD

Chris wrote:

> On Monday, March 25, 2002, 9:55:20 PM, Tobias wrote:

>>>But with the 01-SVG-1.1-monolithic-fixed.dtd, I still get
>>>
>>> Attribute 'xmlns:xlink' is not declared for element 'svg'
>>>
>>{Tobi worries about this]

Shouldn't I?

> The quality of the DTD should be judged by the time in minutes between
> your mail and my response.. If you want the real next DTD, wait for
> the real next spec ;-)

OK :)

Thanks for sending the current DTD.

And I think that's a cool doctype:

<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN"

"http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2002Mar/att-0064/01-SVG-1.1-monolithic-fixed.dtd"
[
  <!ATTLIST svg
    xmlns:xlink CDATA #FIXED "http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
  ]>

> Meanwhile, feel free to declare xmlns:xlink (or :whatever) on the SVG element,
> or wherever strikes your fancy, in the internal DYTD subset.

Sure, that's what I did in my post, and in
http://www.pinkjuice.com/txt/basictemplate.svg

The declaring attribute is fixed through the internal subset,
but the NS is still declared on the doc el for non-validating parsers.

Tobi

--

* peace&love.
* http://www.pinkjuice.com/