Re: errors in the SVG1.1 DTD (?), and that known errror in the 1.0 DTD

I wrote:
> But with the 01-SVG-1.1-monolithic-fixed.dtd, I still get
>
>  Attribute 'xmlns:xlink' is not declared for element 'svg'

The XLink NS seems to be declared for all elements that use XLink
attributes, so with a validating namespace-aware parsers everything is OK.

But I also need to declare the XLink NS (for example on the outermost
svg element), so that it's declared for non-validating namespace-aware
parsers (which don't fetch the DTD , and thus don't see the
xmlns:xlink CDATA #FIXED "http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" declaration).

So I do

<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.0//EN"
  "http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/DTD/svg10.dtd" [
  <!ATTLIST svg
    xmlns:xlink CDATA #FIXED "http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
  ]>
<svg viewBox="-65 -50 200 200"
  xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
   <!-- use xlink NS: -->
   <a xlink:href="foo"/>
</svg>

. One document, should be OK for validating and non-validating, NS-aware
parsers.

Does that make sense?

Tobi

--