Re: What does viewBox really do?

From: <rbw@polyglotinc.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:35:34 -0400
To: www-svg@w3.org

At 03:05 PM 6/23/2002 -0500, J. David Eisenberg wrote:
>Note that the spec also says:
>    "thus, absolute units identifiers are only recommended for the width
>and the height  on outermost 'svg'  elements and situations where the
>content contains no transformations and it is desirable to specify values
>relative to the device pixel grid or to a particular real world unit
>size."

Ok, then I would request that the next edition of SVG Ess., on page 27,
(location of the very first basic shape example showing <line> tags with
mixed unit identifiers happily co-mingling), add the big turkey icon with
text emphasizing the above caveat.  The laity (like me), only read vulgate
books like SVG Ess. and not the Vulgate STDs documents so we need
the whole truth revealed to us, even if only in English.