Re: The 'image/svg+xml' Media Type

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 23:25:04 +0100
To: <www-svg@w3.org>

"Dave Hodder" <dmh@dmh.org.uk>
>    Security considerations:
>       (The same as application/xml.)

Given that conformant dynamic SVG applications must implement ECMAScript
that being the same is not IMO sufficient.

> I'd be interested to know whether the W3C has any intention of
> submitting an Internet-Draft for this media type in the near future;

I'd be interested to know why the WG has not already submitted one, we're
stuck in a situation where on pragmatic grounds we have little choice but
to have image/svg+xml if we're not going to break existing
implementations.

The SVG Working groups ease of inventing mime-types is something to worry
about.

Jim.