Re[2]: SVG --> HTML/TXT for searching and accessibility

Jim,

I did experimented with something like that. See

http://www.w3.org/2001/svgRdf/

although  this  text  is  quite full of smallish bugs, a way
better  version should be on the svgopen conference pages as
soon as they put the papers on-line.

I  would  love  if somebody picked that work up. The biggest
problem is to define the correct RDF vocabulary, the rest is
just some tricky xslt-ing...

Ivan

Jim> <DPawson@rnib.org.uk>
>> Issues: (I'd done this previously for WAI).
>>
>> Visual reading order verses text reading order.
>> Top left to bottom right?
>>   Do a sort on desc elements using x, y coords.

Jim> Maybe you should use the METADATA element to embed some RDF information
Jim> into the document that allows for such things to be easily specified...
Jim> (or of course you could just invent your own XML, RDF would be better
Jim> though.)

Jim> Jim.

----

Ivan Herman
Head of Offices, World Wide Web Consortium
C/o Dutch Office of W3C at CWI
Kruislaan 413, 1098SJ Amsterdam
The Netherlands
tel: +31 20 5924163