Appendix G. 12 in SVG 1.1

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 17:59:10 -0000
To: <www-svg@w3.org>

Hi,

I'm finding it very difficult to understand G. 12  At first reading it
seems to be saying that I cannot create my own FPI:

-//JimLey//DTD SVG nothing to do with W3s SVG//EN

but I don't believe it is possible for the spec to say this.  So it's
presumably only talking about documents that contain the SVG 1.1 modules,
but isn't clear.  Is it possible to make this clearer?  The example at
the end of G. 12 doesn't even match the prose (which says use a version
number) which doesn't help the confusion.

Cheers,

Jim.