Re: SVG Schema: URL for XMLSchema.dtd ?

From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:02:27 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org
Chris Lilley wrote:

> What are you rearanging, and why? Are you modularising it?

"rearranging" probably sounded too intricate :)
I'm working with it, in a project where libs are generated from schemas;
  the SVG schema is pretty large, so I'm making small working
representative subsets while developing.

But my question remains:
There are good reasons that you switched to XML Schema for validation of
SVGs: only the SVG schema will be normative.
Why stay with DTD for validation of the SVG schema itself?
Wouldn't it make sense to switch to Schema for this task as well?

Here is the schema for schemas:
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd

Tobi

--