Re: [svg-developers] Error in SVG Spec? - Chapter 6.6

From: Dean Jackson <dean@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:03:54 +1100
To: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
Cc: www-svg@w3.org, AndrewWatt2001@aol.com, dean@w3.org
Andrew,

You are correct. The spec should use the <xsl:output> element
to produce the DOCTYPE.

This will be fixed in the next release, and possibly listed
as errata for 1.0 (after discussion with the working group).

In fact, the example in the spec is incorrect anyway, since the
xslt processor would think <!DOCTYPE.. is an element. It should be
&lt;!DOCTYPE.. Anyway, it's wrong.

Thanks for the carefull review and I share with you the embarrassment
of the SVG Working Group :)

Dean