New SVG 1.1 and Mobile drafts published

From: Dean Jackson <dean@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 03:36:30 +1100
To: www-svg@w3.org, svg-developers@yahoogroups.com
The SVG Working Group is happy to announce the release
of the last call working drafts of SVG 1.1 and SVG Mobile.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-SVG11-20020215/
http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-SVGMobile-20020215/

You'll notice a big change in the SVG 1.1 specification,
which is now a complete self-contained document. While SVG
1.0 is still the W3C Recommendation, this draft of SVG 1.1
is an updated version and we would appreciate it if developers
could use this version in order to provide feedback.

New feature highlights include:
- simple text wrapping
- a solidColor element so all paint servers can be
  referenced via a URI
- Geographic Coordinate metadata update
- Porter Duff Compositing and Blending now available
  on all elements
- lots of little bugfixes

The Mobile profiles are now stable. Again, we welcome feedback.

I'll make a few apologies now:

- the XML schema has not been updated since the last draft.
  We received a lot of great feedback and bug reports, but
  unfortunately did not get time to incorporate them for
  this draft.

- There is no PDF or HTML/ZIP version. Sorry, I just ran
  out of time.

Dean