SVG in cgi

From: Doe-Wan Kim <dwkim@isi.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 18:07:25 -0500
To: <www-svg@w3.org>

I'm trying to include svg file in cgi program.
The problem is that I could not draw the svg file using my cgi program.
I am using embed tag as follows in my perl script:
<embed src="simple.svg" name="SVGEmbed" type="image/svg-xml"

And, the svg file is a really simple one (only draw a small circle).
It doesn't give out any error message or warning at all.
It worked fine when I embedded it in HTML file, but I need it in cgi program
trying to do a server push anmation on the series of svg file).

Does anybody know how to fix it?
Thank you.