Re: 1.2 Text Wrapping ...section 1.3

RD> 1.3 The flowRegion element The flowRegion element can define a
RD> rectangular region in the current user coordinate system through
RD> it's x, y, width, and height attributes, or it may reference
RD> existing geometry through it's xlink:href attribute.

RD> <snip> When used the xlink:href must directly reference path,
RD> text, or basic shape elements. Indirect references are an error
RD> </snip>

RD> QUESTION: Can refernce other docuements. I can imagine making one
RD> docuement that has a shape and refering to to with the
RD> <flowRegion> element.

    You can reference other documents but you must 'directly
reference' one of the valid elements.  So you can't reference just the
SVG document or the root SVG element.

RD> QUESTION: This is a very basic question.....I really want to know
RD> the answer if someone could be help this would great: The spec
RD> states:

RD> What is a direct reference?  What is a indirect reference?

    <g id="foo">
       <rect id="bar" ...>
    </g>

    xlink:href="#foo" would be an indirect reference to a rect.
    xlink:href="#bar" would be a direct reference to a rect.

    This is ment to mirror the text for the existing clipPath (14.3.5)
element with child 'use' elements.