Re: proposal for this link/tspan discussion

Dean Jackson wrote:

> Remove <a> from SVG.

Would that mean
   <rect xlink:href=""/>
?
Looking good.

What would I write instead of (now invalid)

<svg>
   <text>
     <a xlink:href="">
       <tspan></tspan>
       <tspan></tspan>
       <circle/>
     </a>
     <a xlink:href="">
       <tspan></tspan>
       <tspan></tspan>
       <rect/>
     </a>
   </text>
</svg>

?

Perhaps:

<svg>
   <text>
     <g xlink:href="">
       <tspan></tspan>
       <tspan></tspan>
       <circle/>
     </g>
     <g xlink:href="">
       <tspan></tspan>
       <tspan></tspan>
       <rect/>
     </g>
   </text>
</svg>

> There are some elements (eg. <linearGradient>, <pattern>,
> something other than a traditional link (more like, go get the
> referenced content and do something with it). I'd like to see
> those attributes replaced with "ref".

I'm not sure about this, but they would have to be changed. Other XLink
features perhaps?

> No need for preliminary discussion phase on this one. You
> can move straight to the "name calling" phase.

$§*#%!

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/