AW: AW: [ANN] SVG-Mobile Mailing List

Hi Chris

>RF> Is there also the idea of a SVG-printing profile mailinglist spooking
>
CL>That might be slightly premature, at least until there is an SVG
CL>printing profile published.

You are definitely right. But after the Canon presentation at SVG Open, I am
looking for a place where I could get more information about the development
of the printing profile. Alex Danilo and Fujisawa Jun already responded to
my mails and Fujisawa Jun directed me to this list:) Maybe I just have to
wait a bit.

CL>However, comments on what such a profile should do are very welcme and
CL>would be on topic for this list.

I am not sure, if do answer the question as you intended it.

One thing it should do, are to solve the problem of the remaining 2-5% you
can't do with XSL-FO (where you still need something like Quark right now)

If I could put some XML in, transform it with XSLT/XSL-FO and then arrange
what I don't like with SVG, that would be something very interesting. This
means we would need something like FO2SVG? Does this already exist?

The other way is naturally to print SVG directly (high quality printing), so
it would be good to know what is lacking besides ICC color profiles, printer
memory, SVG capable printers in general?

But, as you see, I am just taking what I heard more or less during the
presentation. So you definitely have an advantage on me.

I from my side I am just very very curious to hear more about the SVG
printing profile.

Best
Roger