Re: 1.2 feature request.

dave wrote:

> Outline:
>   The ability to draw to parallel lines/curves, as might be found on a
> street plan.
>   with a straight line a simple offset is fine.
>   This doesn't work with, for example circles, where 'parallel' could
>   be de defined as two concentric circles. For a winding street,
>   equally an offset with a fixed value would not suffice.
>
> I don't believe this is available in 1.0/1.1
> (unless you know different :-)
>

> Prior use:
>   Autocad has the ability to select an line, set the offset and side,
>   and then create a copy 'parallel' to the first.
>
> Use case:
>  Drawing a street map, where the lines are seperated by a few millimetres.

i do know this quite helpful feature of autocad. but i somewhere stumbled
over another method to solve this kind of problems. consider a pen like a
dot '.', with that we can draw a line like this '_____'. a thick pen '|'
consequently will draw a thick line. if we would allow a pen shaped like a
colon ':', we would get a line visually consisting of two lines '======'.

wouldn't it be useful to have an attribute like

strokeWidthDashArray="2 4 2"

to draw everything with parallel lines of  arbitrary number and width?

i am aware, that wishes could arise then to also support different color,
opacity and dash style for each sub-line.

what do you think?
--
stefan goessner