A plea for better documents in next SVG 1.1 iteration

From: <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 06:55:11 EDT
To: www-svg@w3.org
CC: dean@w3.org, chris@w3.org
I would like to make a request for a better range of documents to be made
available in the next iteration of the SVG 1.1 spec.

Having only fragmented (X)HTML docs in a Last Call WD is far from
satisfactory. Why wasn't the Last Call WD delayed for a day so that a large
single (X)HTML file, a zipped file and a PDF option could be made available?

The PDF in particular is invaluable for cross checking parts of the spec.

I guess everyone's time is pressured but the lack of both a big single
(X)HTML file and a PDF was a significant discouragement for me to spend time
reviewing the documents. If I am the only potential source of comments that
responded in that way then that is no huge loss to mankind. :) But, although
I am busy, I don't assume that I am grossly busier than many others. If
others too chose not to spend/waste time working through inconvenient
documents the loss in terms of quality and quantity of comments might be
significant.

Andrew Watt