From: www-svg-request@w3.org [mailto:www-svg-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Antoine Quint
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 7:46 AM
To: www-svg@w3.org
Subject: RE: svg and xslt

Hey Jorg,

> Is there any way to send an xml and xsl file to the Internet
> Explorer and
> let IE generate the svg and display it with Adobe svg viewer
> ? The examples
> I found on the web make this transformation on the server,
> before the response
> is send to the client, but I would like IE to do this
> transformation. I
> can not find a way to tell IE to display the result as
> image/svg instead
> of html.

You cannot just get the transformation done client-side and the Adobe
SVG Viewer triggered. But you can use some horrible Microsoft thing
called Binary Behaviour to embed inline SVG inside HTML. I think you can
find examples at http://www.siliconpublishing.org/svg.asp . I think you
might well want to use the latest Adobe SVG Viewer 3.0 beta
(http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/beta.html) in order to view
this page correctly since it makes use of the new transparent ActiveX
control.

But really, binary behaviour is a dirty little trick just because
Microsoft have decided not to come up with a more XML-enabled browser
and just don't do anything remotely interesting with Namespace, really a
shame. Some people like it though, but it's a dirty hack.

antoine