Re: svg and xslt

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 13:37:41 +0200
To: joerg.koesterke@epost.de, www-svg@w3.org
The good news: in XSLT, you can set the mime type of your output. This
means that you can generate an svg file through xslt on the client side; by
generating the right mime type, it should work.

The bad news: last time I checked (which was about a year ago, though...)
IE5 does not understand this generated mime type, so it does not work ;-(.
I have not tested this with IE6, though

Ivan

At 13:22 19-09-01, joerg.koesterke@epost.de wrote:
>Hello
>
>Is there any way to send an xml and xsl file to the Internet Explorer and
>let IE generate the svg and display it with Adobe svg viewer ? The examples
>I found on the web make this transformation on the server, before the response
>is send to the client, but I would like IE to do this transformation. I
>can not find a way to tell IE to display the result as image/svg instead
>of html.
>
>Jörg

>Kostenlos eMailen mit der Deutschen Post: http://www.epost.de - die Adresse
>fürs Leben

Ivan Herman

Head of Offices, World Wide Web Consortium
C/o W3C Dutch Office hosted at CWI,  Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam
tel:           +31-20-5924163
fax:          +31-20-5924312
mobile:     +33-608872517
email:       ivan@w3.org