Fwd: [Moderator Action] creating vector graphics from scanned images

From: Dean Jackson <dean@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 23:58:19 +1000
To: www-svg@w3.org
You must be subscribed to post.

----- Forwarded message from Vincent Ramdhanie <VincentR@clico.com> -----

From: Vincent Ramdhanie <VincentR@clico.com>
To: "'www-svg@w3.org'" <www-svg@w3.org>
Subject: [Moderator Action] creating vector graphics from scanned images

I have recently started to look at converting scanned images of line
drawings (such as blueprints) into an editable format. Is there any tools
that can read in a gif or jpg and recognize that lines and produce an SVG?
Or do I have to write one myself? Will such a tool be useful enough to be
worth creating?

Thanks

Vincent Ramdhanie

----- End forwarded message -----