SVG 1.0 is now a W3C Recommendation

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 18:14:59 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org
Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) 1.0 Becomes a W3C Recommendation

   5 September 2001: The World Wide Web Consortium today released the
   Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) 1.0 Specification as a W3C
   Recommendation. The specification has been reviewed by the W3C
   Membership, who favor its adoption by industry. SVG delivers
   two-dimensional graphics in XML to the Web, providing accessible,
   dynamic, reusable, and extensible vector graphics, text, and images.

Great news - SVG 1.0 is now an official Web standard, a W3C
Recommendation. The spec is here:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/

There is a press release (in English, French, and Japanese) and
testimonials:

http://www.w3.org/2001/09/svg1-pressrelease
http://www.w3.org/2001/09/svg1-testimonial

I would like to express my thanks, on behalf of the SVG Working Group,
to all those members of the growing SVG community who have produced
content, tools, tutorials, helped with discussion on the lists, guided
newcomers and shared their explorations of this wonderfull new, open,
XML, standards-based world that we create together.

Now, on to Mobile SVG, SVG on Printers, SVG with XForms, with SMIL 2.0

Chris