First Drafts of SVG 1.1 and SVG Mobile; new Test Suite release

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:15:48 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org
Greetings SVG fans,

The W3C SVG WG is pleased to announce the first public release of the
SVG 1.1 specification, and also of two SVG 1.1 profiles (SVG Tiny and
SVG Basic) collectively known as Mobile SVG.

Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) Version 1.1
W3C Working Draft 30 October 2001
Editor:  Dean Jackson, W3C/CSIRO
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11

Mobile SVG Profiles: SVG Tiny and SVG Basic
W3C Working Draft 30 October 2001
Editor:  Tolga Capin (Nokia)
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile

This is an initial draft, we wanted to get developer feedback (to
svg-comments@w3.org) as early as possible. Comments on the
modularization strategy, the additional features of SVG 1.1, the
features included and omitted in SVG Tiny and SVG basic are particularly
welcomed.

In addition, we have made available the third release of the SVG 1.0
test Suite and associated implementation report

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/BE-ImpStatus-20011026.html

This updates the previous release in terms of errata, bugfixes, and
brings it into conformance with the SVG 1.0 Recommendation.

--
Chris Lilley
Chair, W3C SVG Working Group