Re: Groups with non-zero intersections

From: Kevin Lindsey <kevlindev@kevlindev.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 10:27:53 -0500
To: "Jason Foster" <jafoster@uwaterloo.ca>, <www-svg@w3.org>
Hi Jason,

> The problem is how to highlight routes on a road network, given that
> multiple routes may have zero or more roads in common.

SVG does not allow an element to belong to disjoint groups.  You will have
to solve this one by manipulating your document's DOM.

I have attached an example that demonstrates what you might need to do.
Feel free to contact me if you need further assistance.

Take care,
Kevin

road_groups.svg
(image/svg+xml attachment: road_groups.svg)