Adobe don't support SVG fonts...

From: alexis <alexis.farmer@ingenta.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:56:02 +0000
To: www-svg@w3.org
Bug #1

Support for external SVG fonts is broken (Adobe have confirmed this to me,
it may just be with Windows plugin as I haven't tested it on a Mac). No
error is reported back to the user, but references to external SVG fonts
are ignored and other fonts are substituted without warning.

Bug #2

When using CEF fonts. The pen is not advanced the correct amount as
specified by the advance widths in the font making the dx="x, y z"
attribute COMPLETELY USELESS for making exact adjustments to inter
character spacing. And instead the only way to exactly position glyphs is
to give the x and y coordinate for each one, resulting in nasty large files.

If textLength/adjust mechanism was supported this would be a minor
improvement but it isn't.

Most of the text I want to do is fully justified (in fact most text in the
world is) and amazingly there is no way to do this with SVG. Can anybody
explain why??? Is it some kind of joke that I'm not in on???

Alexis