RE: SVGZoom

From: Antoine Quint <antoine@graougraou.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 22:19:58 +0100
To: "'Jason Foster'" <jafoster@uwaterloo.ca>, <www-svg@w3.org>
> > A magnify operation has the effect of a supplemental scale and
> > translate transformation placed at the outermost level on the SVG
> > document fragment (i.e., outside the outermost 'svg' element).
>
> What I can't figure out is how to determine the scale that is
> currently in use?  There doesn't seem to be a nice way to address
> this "virtual" transformation, which is the only way I can think of
> to determine the current zoom level.

The SVGSVGElement interface has a currentScale attribute available for
this purpose.

http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/struct.html#InterfaceSVGSVGElement

> On a related question, how would I go about specifying a zoom level
> programatically?  I imagine it would involve modifying this virtual
> transformation.

If you had your outermost <svg> element stored in the variable "svg" in
an EcmaScript script, you could do this:

svg.currentScale = myDesiredScale;

SVGSVGElement::currentScale is a "live" object in Adobe SVG Viewer 3.0

> Thanks for any assistance!

Hope this helps,

Antoine