Re: SVG in SMIL for distance learning

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 13:11:34 +0100
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>, milis_agus@lycos.com
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
Actually, one can also include svg images into the Oratrix SMIL2 player as
media resources. I am not sure how stable that is, I have not tested it
thoroughly.

Oh yes, and the Oratrix player is not for free...

Ivan

At 11:09 15-11-01, Chris Lilley wrote:

>Agus Ragana wrote:
> >
> > Hallo everybody,
> >
> >    I'm working on a project for establishing a distance learning using
> SVG and SMIL. Last time, I asked about how SVG can be embedded inside
> SMIL and got the answer that I've to use RealOne.
>
>That is one option. XSmiles is another.
>
> >    This time, my question is: can we just process the SMIL at the
> server side so that the clients don't have to install the RealOnePlayer?
>
>No ;-) (Erm.... ok put it like this:)
>
>What would you produce as output from this processing?
>
> > Because this distance learning is purposed for the people, who don't
> understand the > computer and sofware very well.
>
>That is not a problem. The software has to understand it, the end users
>do not.
>
>--
>Chris

Ivan Herman

Head of Offices, World Wide Web Consortium
C/o W3C Dutch Office at CWI,  Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam
tel:           +31-20-5924163
fax:          +31-20-5924312
mobile:     +33-608872517
email:       ivan@w3.org