Re: styling text

In a message dated 09.11.01 11:19:32 GMT Standard Time, danny666@virgilio.it
writes:

> Thanks, just what I was after.I don't feel as stupid as I thought I would -
> using CDATA doesn't seem anything like as obvious as e.g. <defs>. I must
> remember to check SVG 1.1 to see if anything's changed.

You don't "need" CDATA for all style sheets. But, since the child selector in
CSS2 uses the ">" character if you make use of that without using CDATA an
error will occur.

Rather than try to remember when CDATA is actually needed and when you can
get away without using it then it is simpler to use it routinely.

> BTW, Pro XML and Pro XSL (Wrox Press) are two of the most read books on my
> shelf - highly recommended ;-)

Maybe Wrox might even get round to producing Pro SVG one day. Who knows? :)

Andrew Watt