Re: Patterns and Clipping (Adobe SVG Plug-In)

Jeff,

Jeff Tupper / Pedagoguery Software Inc wrote:

> I haven't looked through the SVG documentation much, but I do wonder
> if the output from using patterns with visible overflow is
> well-defined. (Is the order of rendering elements of a pattern
> defined? What should happen when an element of a pattern overlaps
> another instance of itself? Tess doesn't run into this as all of its
> elements are 100% opaque and are a single colour.)

This is a good point. Unless I missed it, I think that the spec does
not specifically say in which order the tiles are painted, even though
I have assumed it was done in the increasing coordinate order on
x axis and then y axis (i.e., tile each row left to right and rows
top to bottom.

Vincent.