Re: Fwd: [Moderator Action] Re: order of transforms

From: Mjumbe Ukweli <mjumbewu@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 12:33:15 -0400
To: dean@w3.org, www-svg@w3.org
>>it seems to me that the formula would be:
>>
>>   (((..(An * p)*...)*A2)*A1)
>>
>>which would be true to the reading from left to right.
>>
>this would require to multiply the column vector with the transformation
>matrix from the left
>
>[x] [a c e]
>[y] [b d f]
>[1] [0 0 1]
>
>which is not defined.

excuse me...

but the point is that if An is the first transformation and A1 is the last
then the point p should be transformed accordingly. (i'm pretty sure the
above would result in a recursion of...

    [a c e] [x]
    [b d f] [y]
    [0 0 1] [1]

...which is defined, but correct me if i'm wrong; i abhor matricies).

                                                  &#8226; mjumbe &#8226;