[Fwd: [Moderator Action] Where has my event.srcElement gone?]

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 09:41:56 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org

attached mail follows:

Hi all,

I have an SVG/JavaScript problem, which looks like this.  I
have:

<g onmousedown="mouseDownEvent(evt)">

embedded within an SVG image that is drawn (by IE5.5 with adobe's
SVG2.0 plugin) with the following HTML:

<EMBED ID="svgEmbedTag" SRC="../images/image.svg">

The problem is that when my mouseDownEvent(event) script runs,
event.type and event.button behave as expected, but event.srcElement
contains the undefined value. How can I get a reference to the HTML
element that triggered the event??

Any help would be vastly appreciated!

Thanks,

Simon