Re: marker orient

At 11:23 AM 3/23/01 +0100, Stephane Conversy wrote:
>Hello.
>
>There is an inconstitency between idl and dtd+RFC for
>the 'orient' attribute in marker.
>
>There is an 'orient' attribute in the dtd, but in the idl we have
>both an 'orientType' and an 'orientAngle' attribute.
>
>Which one is right, the dtd or the idl ?

Both are correct. The DTD specifies an attribute that can take either a
keyword value 'auto' or an <angle>. The SVG DOM represents the 'orient'
attribute via two DOM attributes, the first of which (orientType) is an
enumeration which indicates whether the keyword 'auto' or an <angle> was
provided. orientType can have one of the following values:

// Marker Orientation Types
const unsigned short SVG_MARKER_ORIENT_UNKNOWN = 0;
const unsigned short SVG_MARKER_ORIENT_AUTO = 1;
const unsigned short SVG_MARKER_ORIENT_ANGLE = 2;

Then, if orientType==SVG_MARKER_ORIENT_ANGLE, then you look at orientAngle
to retrieve the <angle> value.

Jon Ferraiolo
SVG Editor
jferraio@adobe.com