Re: Problem with SVGStopElements 'offset' attribute

From: Jon Ferraiolo <jferraio@Adobe.COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 15:05:43 -0800
To: bbrodie@savagesoftware.com (Blaine Brodie)
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
Thanks for the report.

The SVG working group noticed this discrepancy. It was an error for the
'offset' attribute to be a <length> since cm, in, em, etc. don't make sense
for this attribute. We decided to redefine the 'offset' attribute to be a
<number> or a percentage, and in the DOM is stays as an SVGAnimatedNumber.
(Therefore, you won't know from the SVG DOM whether the original value was
".5" or "50%" since both values will map to ".5" in the SVG DOM.)

The next public draft will contain this fix.

Jon Ferraiolo
SVG Editor