attributeType for animation elements

From: Stephane Conversy <conversy@emn.fr>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 10:13:13 +0100
To: www-svg@w3.org
Hello.

I was wondering why the attributeType attribute is
a "CDATA" instead of something like:

attributeType  (CSS | XML | auto)  'auto'

I propose the corresponding constants in the idl:

    const unsigned short SVG_ANIMATION_ATTRIBUTE_TYPE_UNKNOWN = 0;
    const unsigned short SVG_ANIMATION_ATTRIBUTE_TYPE_CSS = 1;
    const unsigned short SVG_ANIMATION_ATTRIBUTE_TYPE_XML = 2;
    const unsigned short SVG_ANIMATION_ATTRIBUTE_TYPE_AUTO = 3;

By the way, I find that the constant naming scheme is not very
consistant across interfaces.
For example we have:

    const unsigned short SVG_LENGTHTYPE_UNKNOWN    = 0;
    const unsigned short SVG_ANGLETYPE_UNKNOWN     = 0;

but we have as well:

    const unsigned short SVG_UNIT_TYPE_UNKNOWN           = 0;

is it because the length and angle ones are inherited from another
spec ?

    stef

--
stephane conversy