Re: SVG Patent Licensiong

From: Dean Jackson <dean@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:02:52 +1000
To: Dave J Woolley <david.woolley@bts.co.uk>
Cc: www-svg@w3.org
On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Dave J Woolley wrote:

> > From:	Robert DiBlasi [SMTP:r_diblasi@hotmail.com]
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/2001/07/SVG10-IPR-statements.html
> >
> [DJW:]  This appears to have an internal conflict
> in that Adobe are listed as royalty free in the summary,
> but the later text seems to make this conditional on
> everyone else being royalty free, a condition that
> is not met.

I could have chosen either way, but I though the most
important thing was that Adobe offered Royalty Free.

> Also, the links from the summary are to a closed part
> of the web site.

That's correct. The links are only accessible to W3C members
as required by the W3C process.

However, I think you have everything you need. The summaries
are the exact text from the message that is relevant to SVG
licensing - you are missing the raw details such as who sent the
message and possibly some discussion.

dean

--
dean jackson